Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We've got a relatively new SUP (10'8 Adventure 6), 1.5 years old, and it's developed 4 leaks on the top side seam as well as the nose seam area. No rips, tears or otherwise. Actually quite a fun board...

The system has been inflated to 12-13 psi and stored folded up. Apparently the warranty is only 1 year - typical, problems happen just after the warranty runs out! But I purchased it on AMEX which doubles the warranty period.

My question is, does anyone have a suggestion of a So Cal repair facility that they are happy with? Can't seem to find any that deal with ISUP's. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I don't have the daily experience in attempting to fix this myself.

Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:23 pm 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having some leaks show up on your board! The best recommendation is to bring it into your dealer and have them file a warranty claim for you. We can evaluate the claim here and see what needs to be done. We are able to repair leaks here sometimes if the board is in good condition and hasn't been stored in the sun or a hot environment. That weakens the seams and you end up chasing repairs as they begin to fail.

Brendan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Dealer is/was Hobie Dana Point. Unfortunately for me they said that it's out of warranty (1yr max) and Hobie does not do repairs "out of warranty".