Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:29 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So is the Compass Owners FB page available to view by those not registered on FB? I've seen several here reference it, I have Googled it and can't find it.

'18 Compass (mine)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

It is on Facebook. I am one of the admins. Can't remember if Facebook URLs are allowed here. if they aren't, please delete. https://www.facebook.com/groups/346723252426168/

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for that Steve. Looks like it's only available to registered FB users.

'18 Compass (mine)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Coastie wrote:
Thanks for that Steve. Looks like it's only available to registered FB users.

Yes...it's a closed group. You get less junk postings that way. Just click the "Join" button if you're a Facebook user and you will get accepted by an admin. We have some good basic rules of the page on the "pinned post". We have members from all over the world that have/want a Hobie Compass. Good group. Matt, Howie, Jacques and the other Hobie moderators here are welcome to join Compass group. :wink:

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:47 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm going to ask something here that I'd ask you please don't "flame" me for.

I'm guessing that there are some Hobie owners, like me, who don't use FB and don't want to have social media accounts. Any chance some of you that have cool ideas and mods would consider posting details and photos about them here on this great forum Hobie has provided??

'18 Compass (mine)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:39 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Coastie wrote:

I'm guessing that there are some Hobie owners, like me, who don't use FB and don't want to have social media accounts. Any chance some of you that have cool ideas and mods would consider posting details and photos about them here on this great forum Hobie has provided??

I have posted lots of pictures of my Compass setup here. Just browse through the posting or use the "search" tool. :D The only challenge posting pictures here is that they have to be hosted on another platform. I can't access my Dropbox/phone pics at work. Except for the Hobie forums, it seems like online forums are getting less and less usage and everyone seems to be going to Facebook groups. I belong to several online fishing forum groups and new postings are a trickle now. People used to post in them a lot before Facebook and social media took over.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

SRAces wrote:
Coastie wrote:

I have posted lots of pictures of my Compass setup here. Just browse through the posting or use the "search" tool. :D The only challenge posting pictures here is that they have to be hosted on another platform. I can't access my Dropbox/phone pics at work. Except for the Hobie forums, it seems like online forums are getting less and less usage and everyone seems to be going to Facebook groups. I belong to several online fishing forum groups and new postings are a trickle now. People used to post in them a lot before Facebook and social media took over.

Steve, I agree you've posted some great stuff. Your boats are well thought out and executed. Oh, and of course I know how to search the forum :wink: . Without a doubt the image hosting with a forum is an issue, but, like I said, I'm not a FB guy. Just thought I'd put the request out there for anyone willing to "take pity" :lol: on those of us who love seeing the great things people do with their boats but don't do FB. Thanks for posting what you do. I'll be doing the same as I make mods.

'18 Compass (mine)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

SRAces wrote:
Coastie wrote:

I visit this forum with Tapatalk on my mobile phone. It is a much better format and let’s you post pictures directly from your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Coastie wrote:

https://youtu.be/vOaTMC1QZn0