Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm considering a 2019 PA 14. I would rather buy a boat now, than wait until March. I'm trying to find a dealer in my area that has has a boat in stock.

Hobie has a dealer search on their website, but you must enter a zip code or the name of a town. I much prefer that they just had a map with all of their dealers listed for whatever state that you live. I've even reached out to Hobie directly. I asked who have they shipped a pa 14 to in my state since I want to buy one. They said that they won't tell me. I said, I want to buy your product, but you won't tell me where to find one??? Yes, just check each dealer in your area. That's easier said than done.

If you were me, do you have any tips on finding a boat? I would rather drive 3 hours than have one shipped.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yeah, that interface is kind of annoying. When I do it for my ZIP I get 3 dealers up to about 1.5 hours away. I guess you could look at a map and plug in a few zips 60-90 miles away from you in different directions to come up with a bigger list.

Good luck!

Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try some of those search options. Much appreciate the thoughts.