Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Update:

It’s almost been a month since starting this thread. I contact Ken @ Trailex Inc once a week and he says they haven’t had time to configure a trailer build for this request. However, he says “ I’ll contact you at the end of this week with something.” It’s a vague verbal commitment, but better than the former. It’s frustrating but I do believe Trailex quality is worth it. Do you think I should move on from Trailex or should I squeaky wheel this matter until it gets oiled?
#stillhavingahobieday
Capt. Erik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I transport a fleet. TI, AI, Sport, 2 eclipse... and so on.... Although I love my light weight Trailex(450 M6 model I beleive), I am weary of taking both the TI and AI long distances. With all of the weight- I do see flex on the trailer at times. If I did it all over again, Id either purchase the Trailex super duty $$ model (I think 1000 or 1200 model) or a dual jet ski trailer. (note: I used to own a PA17T, but would only trailer it solo).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

It’s official, FishLikeUs is going to be rolling the first of its kind. A Trailex Double PA17T trailer. Like the king of fishing kayaks, this trailer will be a bit beefier than the previous models of the Double Double. Trailex has gone to work on this yak trailer and will be shipping me one soon. I am slightly discouraged by how long it took, however I hear my grandfather chirping in my mind;“Buy quality, cry once. Buy cheap, cry forever”. I’ll be posting a build video on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwdn08 ... JTan0XlrVA as well as our new rigging for dual Hobie Pro Angler 17Ts. Thank you everyone that contributed to this thread. The Hobie community is fantastic!

Captain Erik Stevens
FishLikeUs.com

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:27 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

A slight delay in the manufacturing of the Trailer. I’ll post the update when the trailer arrives.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:42 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congrats Cap'n! Patience paid off.