Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TI Carrying Capacity
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:22 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm
Posts: 37
I reached out to Hobie Europe and they confirmed they had received some 2020 Islands. However, they still bear the old sticker, without any change in terms of crew capacity. I somehow expected the modification to have been implemented before they started to sell the 2020 version. I just hope Hobie doesn't need to wait until 2021 to release a new sticker...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TI Carrying Capacity
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm
Posts: 37
Hi, there! Could any Tandem Island 2020 owner confirm if the decal specifies that two additional crew members can ride on the trampolines? A Hobie staff member on the phone confirmed that the sticker for the Tandem Island 2020 model would include this modification, but the website still states a crew of 1-2 for the TI.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TI Carrying Capacity
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:28 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:50 pm
Posts: 4
Chess wrote:
Hi, there! Could any Tandem Island 2020 owner confirm if the decal specifies that two additional crew members can ride on the trampolines? A Hobie staff member on the phone confirmed that the sticker for the Tandem Island 2020 model would include this modification, but the website still states a crew of 1-2 for the TI.


I can confirm this. I just purchased a used 2020 Hobie Tandem Island manufactured in March of 2020. I could post a picture of the yellow stickers but I don't see how to do that on this platform :roll: . Their are two yellow stickers on my Hobie. One says "Maximum Capacity 2 persons or 600LBS," etc. The other yellow sticker right next to it says "HOBIE CAT CO., Category D, 4 persons if equipped with trampolines" etc.
If anyone can coach me on how to get a picture posted here I would be happy to post pictures of the stickers :mrgreen: .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TI Carrying Capacity
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:44 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm
Posts: 37
Thank you very much for the heads up, Heysteveh.

I have also received a confirmation that the 2021 model will bear a sticker with the increased crew capacity, as well as upgraded motor capacity. By the way, I could be wrong, but my impression is that the sticker will be available separately, so it could be added to a previous TI model. That is great news, as it would cover the legal use of the Torqeedo Ultralight 1103 or Travel 1103, for example. So now, my big doubt is whether the 2021 TI hull will have any modifications that might make it easier to mount any of these motors. Fingers crossed!

And thank you veeeeeery much, Hobie, for having listened to our requests to update the stickers!!! That's what I was waiting for to purchase my first TI. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TI Carrying Capacity
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:04 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:18 am
Posts: 65
Location: Sydney, Australia
heysteveh wrote:
Chess wrote:
Hi, there! Could any Tandem Island 2020 owner confirm if the decal specifies that two additional crew members can ride on the trampolines? A Hobie staff member on the phone confirmed that the sticker for the Tandem Island 2020 model would include this modification, but the website still states a crew of 1-2 for the TI.


I can confirm this. I just purchased a used 2020 Hobie Tandem Island manufactured in March of 2020. I could post a picture of the yellow stickers but I don't see how to do that on this platform :roll: . Their are two yellow stickers on my Hobie. One says "Maximum Capacity 2 persons or 600LBS," etc. The other yellow sticker right next to it says "HOBIE CAT CO., Category D, 4 persons if equipped with trampolines" etc.
If anyone can coach me on how to get a picture posted here I would be happy to post pictures of the stickers :mrgreen: .



I use imgur.com - if you make an account there you can upload images then get the direct link (right click the image and click Copy image link) and you can paste it here

if you want to embed it in your post, click the little button above where you type the text in your reply "Img"

e.g.
Code:
Insert Image: [img]http://IMAGEURL.com/file.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TI Carrying Capacity
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:05 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:18 am
Posts: 65
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Chess: my impression is that the sticker will be available separately


I hope so, that would be really good if so!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TI Carrying Capacity
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:45 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:50 pm
Posts: 4
Chess wrote:
Thank you very much for the heads up, Heysteveh.

I have also received a confirmation that the 2021 model will bear a sticker with the increased crew capacity, as well as upgraded motor capacity. By the way, I could be wrong, but my impression is that the sticker will be available separately, so it could be added to a previous TI model. That is great news, as it would cover the legal use of the Torqeedo Ultralight 1103 or Travel 1103, for example. So now, my big doubt is whether the 2021 TI hull will have any modifications that might make it easier to mount any of these motors. Fingers crossed!

And thank you veeeeeery much, Hobie, for having listened to our requests to update the stickers!!! That's what I was waiting for to purchase my first TI. :P


Here is photo of the yellow stickers on My 2020 Tandem Island manufactured in March of 2020 showing 4 people allowed with trampolines. Interesting to note that the stick figures Seem to indicate 2 adults and 2 kids. (hope this works):
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
© Hobie Cat Company. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group