Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:53 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

No Karl, I am NOT chartering my Frankenboat, Jordon will sail it in the Youths. Quit acting so jealous.
I have a short list of others with boats that are not 'brand new' that could be pesuaded to charter them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:43 am 
Site Rank - Captain

We're booked in too!

After Geneva - can't wait to see what the Iowaians do next !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You know, we've given a lot of thought as to how we are going to top you guys from NY and its not going to be easy! You and your people out there really raised the bar on expectations, so I hope we don't dissapoint!
Looking forward to the event and seeing everyone again.
cw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:01 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

If anyone from the NC area needs a boat, I'll put mine out there. She's in great race shape...

1998 H16 102698
www.sunjammers.com ftw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:06 am 
Site Rank - Captain

xanderwess wrote:
... your people out there really raised the bar on expectations, so I hope we don't dissapoint!...

Chris... thank you for the kind words, but, as long as you have a bar - no one will be disapointed. (Pssst.... DonQ)

RQ (no relation to Don)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yea, we got the bar thing planned out, also, if you're lucky, we'll have Mai Tai punch again. Plus, Capt M, Mount Gay, beer, margaritas.........

By the way, the host hotel just gave me 7 more rooms so we have 8 left now at the Heartland Inn www.heartlandinns.com
The secondary hotel is almost in stone, as I am awaiting their pricing and should have it posted by tomorro. The secondary hotels are only about a 10 minute drive from the regattas, and right smack in the middle of fast food heaven (McD, Arby's, Wendy's, TacoChickin, Pizza Hut) and a Bennigans and Denny's, plus 5 minutes from Walmart, Target, best Buy etc.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:59 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Okay, as of today, 11/30/08 we have 6 rooms at the Heartland Inn left and the secondary hotel has been set. The Best Western in Clear Lake 641-357-5253 (number has been corrected) They have a big block of rooms, double queens Non smoking, reserved under 'Hobie Cat'. They are located 10 minutes from the regatta sites and only 1/4 mile off of I-35. They have Bennegan's, pool, hot tub, laundry facility and close to shopping etc......

Todd Wilson, Chair, and I talked a bit yesterday about the shear size of this event, and the interest thats taking place from across the continent. BTW, we have room for 150 boats on the beach............

Last edited by xanderwess on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:40 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chris when we had the div.7 championship there in 1983,there was over 100 boats.50 boats in the 16A fleet alone.If I recall correctly Don Coe won the 16A fleet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:53 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

1983 was a big event the way I hear it. I, of course, was only 16 at that time and had I sailed Hobie then, would have been a youth sailor. :lol:
I am not sure that Don won to be honest, but I am sure he did well. I will find out if anyone has the results anywhere from that event.
The Beach is really really long, in fact, for the 18/20s a couple years ago, we used less than 1/2 the length of it and we had 50ish boats there. Plenty of room to go 2 deep too.
Better bring your A game Madge, there will be alot of awesome sailor here next fall. Get your boy ready for the youth too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Okay Wessels you forced me to dig out my old Hotlines(good thing I organized them).You are right Don Coe did not win.In fact it was (drum roll please).....Ted Jagger with Annette as crew,suprise suprise.There was a total of 86 hobie 16,s alone.
I think I will need more then my A game to compete at this level.I really will have no excuses,newer boat,end of the season and I know the lake.0ver the winter I will be able to come up with some ready made excuses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:30 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Okay, There are 4 left at the Heartland (one whirlpool room)

Get them while they're HOT!! Also, when you come out, bring your bicycle and you'll not have to drive back and forth the the regatta site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:18 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

As of 6 Dec 2008, 3 rooms left at the Heartland Inn.

That means that we'll have 27 of 30 rooms at the hotel. I am envisioning a scene at the pool that reminds of the pool scene in Caddyshack.

I'll be the one in the blue blazer with the white hat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:24 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

"Who would buy a hat like that,hey but is sure looks good on you"
I guess you had to see the movie.

Nice job Wessels I see the NOR is up.When is the website going to be posted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Soon. We just started putting it together, so the barebones web presense is up www.fleet10.com

My rush to book the accomodations for those not camping is simple: I want to make sure everyone who wants a room can get one, and believe it or not, our little town has tons of stuff going on and I don't want the National Quilters Association or the Antique Tractor Owners Club to come in and hog up all the rooms. It happens all the time!

The website is progressing and will be what it needs to be in a month or so. Anybody have any questions or need help with logistics, [email protected] 641-425-8720

Also, one family already contacted my about child care, please let me know if you need child care, and I'll forward you all the info.

Chris Wessels
2008 NAC host

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:31 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Wessels,
Is there going to be a website for 20 Nationals? Also, the NOR says that the registration form is on the HCA website....where?