Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:34 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Boogie-d,

Geeezzz. You are the one who keeps saying it is mothership vs AI, not Sammons. Sammon's site simply refers to "Unassisted," "Assisted" (meaning a kayak using outriggers, sail, or mothership, or other means of assist), and even "Unofficial." The latter category allows anyone to post their big fish pictures there.

Instead of arguing w/ Sammons on this public site, go set up your own site or ask Hobie to open a new Hobie Fishing Records forum (not a bad idea!) Maybe Hobie could open an "AI Fishing Records" forum--why not? The AI is certainly not a kayak. It's not even like most sailing kayaks, since it is much more stable w/ its outriggers. So, at this point, the AI is definitely an orphan boat when it comes to fishing records, sailing regattas, etc. It does need its own class in a lot of categories--just don't expect Sammons to open it on his site, not after all your attacks.

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I honestly think your poll was misleading as you still seem to think we are compairing mothership trips to sailing, which is not the case.
If there was that big of a following for the sails we would likely of heard from more people than just you and Dan over on my site.
The truth is I really don't care and have spent more time on this subject than it merits.
So I went ahead and added your sail records section, now go catch something and post it up there.
Just have fun, that is all that really matters.

www.KayakFishingRecords.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:13 am 
Hobie Team Member

Thank you.

I have posted an ahi caught under sail with Sidekick and the small 20 ft sq sail.