Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Before I drill a hole in my new outback, can somebody show me some picutures of how to install the Anchor Trolley Kit

Thanks for your help,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:02 am 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
Should be installing on early next week, if you can wait I can get you some photo's

http://www.sunjammers.com
www.facebook.com/sunjammers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

That will be great. No hurry on this end as the lake is covered with ice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Here is a link to the instructions.

http://static.hobiecat.com/2010_archive/support/pdfs/72020008.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Tom,

Thanks for the link. The picture quality of the pdf was much better than the printed instructions that came with the anchor trolley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:24 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

And those of us with "old eyes" can use the zoom feature on the PDF. Right, Tom? :lol:

Brian C

p.s. hats and shirts should be on the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

My old eyes are correct. This will be a lot easier in July when I move to Brooksville, Florida. In rural Missouri I am on my own. There is only one kayak in my county.

First question regards instruction number 4 - is the a or b option better - my kit was short the eyelets (round rollers) but I can get them. I plan on using the sail.
Option a sounds good as less holes and I am short the parts for option b. Is this a good decision? I rather get parts if it better in the long run.

Number 5 - Huh? What is the well nut? I do not see it in the parts list... which picture corresponds.

Let me restate what I believe the instructions are saying…
1. Drill two holes and install line blocks on both ends about 12 inches from the end, very high away from the water line.
2. Screw in padeyes replace the paddle bungee cord fittings.
3. Bottom Line is circle front end block through the screw-in padeyes to end block
4. Top line continues from the front end block to bungee cord to hook to the line from the end block.
That is all folks. Is it that simple?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey guys. Just installed this kit last night on my Outback. Wasn't too bad, just take some time to lay it out and don't rush through it. Here are some pics.

http://www.tomdrill.com/hobie.htm

Now for mrgumdrop:
Eylets are probably easier since you don't have to drill holes for the guide lines. I didn't use them because I like to keep my paddle on the left side of the yak which is also where my trolley is. If you keep your paddle on the side opposite your trolley, I would probably just use the eyelets.

Well nut is the rubbery shaft that is about 1" long, has the flange at one end, and an embedded threaded nut in the other. As you screw in the screw about 50 times, it pulls the well nut together and creates a tight seal on both sides of the hole.

As for directions, 3's wording confuses me. Top line runs through the eyelets and through the blocks from the top. The line running along the bottom has the hook and the bungee and does not go through any eyelets at all. Not very easy to see in my pics unfortunately because I have them run together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thank you TDRILL for the pictures.

Spitting snow outside and I am deaming of Florida...

Light bulb just when off, I know what I am doing. The well nut is eyelets w/hardware. You used 2 of the 3 supplied.

I was short parts. I was seeing the picture of a washer as a roller and had no idea how to use a roller. Now I understand I need a few washers.

Whew, this is going to be easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am going to put a anchor trolley on my O/B. I was trying to figure out witch side to put it on. I am right handed, wanted my ff, and paddle on the same side and I look at everybodies else and it is on the opposite side that I was thinking about. What am I missing? Help me please. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:10 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I do not know what you mean by ff. There is no perfect answer to what is right or wrong. It is just what works for you. Pretty cool that an old fart like me, who is normally in charge, is humbled in learning something new. We old fart are not intimidate by young farts... old farts will rule :D

Retirement date 100 days... tomorrow 2 digits..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Mr Gumdrop
You are only as old as your body feels. Im only 48 and I think that I feel as good as when I was 20 just 70 lbs heavier. Congrads about retirement in 99 days. 8) FF I shorten for fish finder. Well I saw that in other post. There tops at depth, structure, temp, I guess I can relate to why they call them FF. I just want to make sure that everything is right befor I add the anchor trolley and ff. because once the holes are there they are there until a new yak is bought. :) It is easier for me to turn and sit on the left side for fishing and wishing.
Brazos

PS How long did you have to work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I have been looking at anchor trolley's for a couple of weeks. And it just seems to me that they would have to be sucured some how once the anchor or dift sock is deployed? :o I must be over complicating things again.
Brazos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Brazos, you should mount your stuff wherever you like it. For me, I am a right hand, side arm casting fool. I don't pitch, or go over my head, or swing it from left to right, its always a side arm from right to left. I like having the right side of my boat completely open and even make sure my second rod is in the left side rod holder behind me. That is why my anchor trolley and paddle are always on the left side of my yak. The FF was the exception. I put it on the right side of the Revo I have (mostly because that is the yak my brother uses most of the time and he doesn't mind it there) but it isn't in the way too bad with the highly adjustable RAM mount. So I don't know that you are missing anything. I have seen them mounted all over the place. It is all about where you like to have it.

As for securing the trolley, you are supposed to install a little button that you can use to wrap the trolley over to keep it from moving. I have seen some setups that just wrap the bungee over the lines and that seems to be enough to hold it usually. They also make several differnt style cleats for securing the line.

Brazos, I am glad you are on here. Though I don't post a ton, I like that there is usually at least a new post on these boards for me to read everyday.

Old Fart, congrats on retirement. I hope you get to use that Hobie a TON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey TDrill
I went over a hundred more times and the anchor has to be mounted on the right side for it to work correctly for me. I am considering a ram type rod holder the one that is built into the yak is in the right place but it needs to be 1 1/2" deeper. Do you sit side ways when you fish? I wonder how big is the button to secure the anchor trolley? Did you buy the one that Hobie offers? It looks to me to have the pulleys at the end just the right size and they look good compared to most. Still waiting to hear how many years that OLD FART Mr Gumdrops worked. 8) :D
Brazos