Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I appreciate all the responses from Iowa 20 sailors, and rather than hijack one of the existing topics, I’m going to start a new one to coordinate 20 sailing in Iowa. I’m awaiting activation of my membership on the Division 7 forum, which may be a more appropriate place for this, but in the meantime I figured I’d start a topic to coordinate sailing in case anyone else is interested in finding crew for cruising or racing, or getting a few 20s together for fun training and play.

I’m always looking for crew as my wife’s no entirely comfortable leaving our daughter with someone for a day on the water. There are plenty of folks at work excited to go out, and I love exposing new people to Hobie sailing, but teaching someone new each weekend does get a bit old.

So, feel free to use this post to coordinate timing of 20 sailing around Iowa… and Minnesota for that matter. I’m from the Twin Cities so I’m up there quite frequently. 15mpg with the cat behind me makes for a spendy trip, but dpending on the event it’s definitely not out of the question, and this post isn’t just for me.

Anyway, if there’s any wind between 5 and 25 this weekend I’ll be headed to the water. Probably Red Rock or Rathbun unless things get ugly with damn releases. Let me know if you’re interested in heading out.

-Bill

H20 #433
Southeast Iowa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi H20 GWoT I don't think I can make it out this weekend. I'll be at Lake Pepin next weekend, and Storm Lake the first part of July. I know that Fleet 84 wants to have a fun sail down at Red Rock sometime this summer. Are you on the Fleet 84 e-mail list. Maybe we can line something up sometime at Red Rock.

Jamie
H20- 808

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

H20 GWoT, If you are interested in racing at all bring your 20 up to Lake City June 21st & 22nd. There should be a decent fleet of 20's, and a large portion of the Div 7 sailors as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:51 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

About sailing in Iowa this weekend... maybe not?

It's been a long week of sand bagging, and the latest forecast for the Des Moines River at Eddyville makes it look like the whole town will be under water. Luckily I'm up on a hill out of town, but we're a small town and it might be a long weekend and week ahead.

On the other hand, all the footage of Saylorville makes it look pretty inviting these days.

I might just try to make it to Lake City - I have a wedding in St. Paul the 21st, but I might be able to sneak down the 22nd. I'll let you know how it looks later in the week.

H20 #433
Southeast Iowa