Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Join us for a Hobie Mirage kayak gathering at Fiddler’s Cove in San Diego, CA. This will be a fun-filled day with other Hobie kayakers. We plan to meet with the SCUZBUMS and maybe race our pedal kayaks with or without sails during the day. We also plan to pedal/sail all around South San Diego Bay and up to downtown, Seaport Village, and Shelter Island (to see the tall ships) if time permits.

If you have never been to Fiddler’s Cove, it’s a wonderful place to launch your kayak. It’s located on the Coronado side of San Diego Bay just south of Hotel del Coronado.

What to bring? Your Hobie Mirage Pedal Kayak 
(with or without sail), BYO food & drinks
Date: Friday, August 22, 2008 (All day)
NOTE: Enter the main gate and drive pass the RV park. Look for the SCUZBUMS at the end of the dirt lot. Park in the dirt lot. We will be hanging-out and launching the kayaks there.

Fore more information, click here:
http://web.mac.com/kdbundy1/Site_2/Blog/Blog.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

For this kayak meetup next Friday, Aug. 22nd, at what time should people be at the Fiddler's Cove launch site? Sounds like fun! My companion and I have Adventure Islands--brand new--and anxious to use them. I couldn't get a phone number off of the "additional info" link, so please respond to this inquiry. Thanks. pauletteraye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

pauletteraye wrote:
For this kayak meetup next Friday, Aug. 22nd, at what time should people be at the Fiddler's Cove launch site? Sounds like fun! My companion and I have Adventure Islands--brand new--and anxious to use them. I couldn't get a phone number off of the "additional info" link, so please respond to this inquiry. Thanks. pauletteraye

Hi Pauletteraye,

It would be great to have you join us. It will be all day. I'll be staying with my family in a motel in Chula Vista and should be there around 9:00am. It should be a good turn-out and a fun day kayaking all over San Diego Bay. Look for the SCUZBUMS flags in the dirt parking lot after you drive pass the RV spaces when you enter Fiddler's Cove. I'm bringing my Adventure with sail. A few peeps from Dana Point will be bring theirs down as well. Hope to see you there! 8)