Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My new Bravo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just received the Bravo on Saturday and I was a beat disappointed with the overall quality.
The Hobie Bob can’t be placed on the mast because the connectors are different, the sail came with a new connector that is necessary to put in the float (the dealer has take care to do so).
The bigger e medium battens are too short (I must wait that Hobie Cat Europe send new ones).
It misses the downhaul cable.
I bought the optional boom, but no provision is made to connect the vang to the hull (the hobie dealer will make a plate to connect to the plate of the mast ball).
I hope everything is fixed before the next weekend (the battens will take 1 month to arrive...).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Sorry to hear about your problem. Once things are fixed by the dealer and you get on the water you will enjoy the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Sounds like your dealer didn't do their job very well. I think is is called DEALER PREP

I love my Bravo and you will too once the problems are corrected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Your dealer will deal with Hobie Cat Europe on this...

This is their doing unfortunately. They get the hull and some parts from us, but add the sail in France.

The boom vang attaches to the hatch ring via an eye strap. This can easily be added. This is shown in the manual.

http://static.hobiecat.com/2010_archive/support/pdfs/BravoManual.pdf

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The sail is made in China, and that’s the problem!
The float with the connectors came from US and their sizes are different to the connectors of the sail. The dealer changed the connectors of the float with the ones that came with the sail.
The battens will take a month to arrive from France, and probably the problem are the same; battens made in United States for a sail made in China.
I think that Hobie Cat Europe would have taken care of these things before shipping the boat.
I saw the manual with the eye strap in the hatch ring, but we screw the eye strap to the mast ball plate. We felt that to attach to the hatch ring is not strong enough. I will take some pictures next weekend.
We will sail the boat next weekend. Everyone in the club want to try the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:31 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

In the first weekend the wind has weak (5 knots) but the Bravo performs well. I sail with a laser and the performance was similar (the laser points better).
Yesterday it was more windy (12 knots) with gust and it was a lot of fun. First capsize…
After the capsize I notice that the material of internal face of the hull is soft, its normal?
I also notice, looking in the drain gasket that in the interior of the hull has a lot of loose plastic material, its normal?
Regarding the optional boom, to add the eye strap hatch ring, I must make the holes to screw the eye strap or use screws that make their one thread?