Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pro Angler Paddle Solver
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:51 pm 
Hobie Team Member

So I like using the whole paddle not just half. I didn't like the current place to secure it so I got some bungee and hardware and......

I would of like to take the bungee further on each side on down to the lower part of the black plastic joint, thus keeping the paddle down a little further. But I had already cut the bungee and had no more and didn't wanna go to the store. This works fine though. Easy to secure and release and keeps the paddle out of the way. I think I am gonna do the other side to keep my stake out pole and also to keep the middle of my anchor trolley from sagging or banging around. Good thing is no holes in the hull. Love it. I used stainless steel screws two 15's and a 13 for the middle. Drilled the holes smaller than the screw since I couldn't get nuts on them and tightened them on in. If you were to go further down on the bracket joint you can put a nut on the screw.

Oh yeah I had to take the whole handle off to drill and screw where needed.

Tony,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:49 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Tony, what a great solution and excellent improvement -- secure, handy and out of the way. I liked carrying the full paddle also when trying out the PA and could never find a good place for it. 8)