Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Pirate wrote:

Also just a mention here to ensure your click 'n go arms are always in the locked position when peddling. If one is accidentally slipped in the open position and you peddle putting pressure on the system, you can end up in a real jammed situation where you can neither use the drive or release it. It then requires real muscle to prise it loose. I have given thought to a double lock system but have not solved that one yet....Pirate

I think this is what happened to me last trip,,in a turn one side came out and jammed the whole thing,,i could neither push it back in or unlock the other one to remove it,,,i ended up putting a pair of long nose pliers down and freed the locked one(by levering the bottom),,,then i reinstalled it.

It was a simple job with the pliers,,but caused a few anxious moments as it never happened to me before and something to keep in mind as it might happened to everybody at some stage or other.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Seems the biggest issue these days is the splash guard we added at the back of the drive. That causes friction and, if you are not aware, can tilt the drive forward as you drop it in. Key is keeping the spine square / level with the drive well. If it is tilted forward (or aft) it can wedge in the well or miss the front ledge all together. Hold the drive down close to the drums and be sure the spine is level as you drop it is... or take off the splash guard.

Its simple when you take your time and understand the alignment.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)