Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am picking up my PA next week. Have any of you removed the drive system and paddled your PA on small streams with rocky bottoms, logs, etc??? How was it? Do you have any suggestions forma rigging standpoint?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences!!!

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:08 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I usually do not take the drive off, just keep it flat. I even fish where I need to pull the rudder up. then use either the paddle or push poll. Works great. I usually sit since do not have as good of balance as I use to have. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I fish the rivers here in Central Florida. I like to find the stretches that aren't always navigable in low water. These areas might qualify as "streams" or creeks in other parts of the country. There are a fair amount of blowdowns, logs, stumps and shallow limestone bottom stretches. I've only pulled the drive once in a year and half (most of that time was in an Outback) and that's because I literally ran out of water in a very narrow channel. I haven't had any trouble just pushing one peddle forward and paddling through or around typical obstacles (Outback or PA).

As far as rigging goes, just take the stock boat out a couple times. That's the nice thing about the PA, it's pretty tricked out right out of the box. Take your time. Study this forum. You'll know soon enough what accessories you want and where you want to mount them. I still haven't quite worked out where to put the paddle on my PA, but I've got new plan.

Have fun. You'll like the Pro Angler.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks. I am stoked.