Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:07 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

There is a Hobie regatta coming up this weekend (August 20-21) that is a reasonable drive for sailors for Hobie sailors from Chicago to Pensacola, Oklahoma City to Charlotte. It's the 30th Annual Broken Mast Regatta, hosted by Division 15 Fleet 134. It's being held at beautiful Arkabutla Lake, just south of Memphis, TN.

This year there are only two points regattas in Division 15, the first was Midwinters East and then there is the Broken Mast. We always have a great time, there will be strong fleets of H16 and especially good turnout of Hobie 17's thanks to our Fleet 134 husband/wife competitors of Mike and Marsha Lodes. I'm hoping for a good turnout for the Hobie 18's, I know we'll have at least 5, and rumors of a larger fleet. I haven't heard anything about Hobie 20's making the scene, or Tigers, but that would be great.

So if you like attending an "old fashioned Hobie Regatta", or just want to score some more points in your class, come on down. This year we've arranged for a full moon Friday night for the welcome party, and in cooperation with Delta Sailing Association we will have moonlight sail Friday night for early arrivals.

Details, lodgings, and directions are available on the Fleet 134 website We have a massive beach with adjacent ramp, campground with electricity and showers, and bed & breakfast and motels nearby.

If you think you can make it, and we don't already know about you, please contact me, or reply to this post. I can be reached at
damon (AT) Fleet134.com

www.Catsailor.com
www.TheBeachcats.com