Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:59 am 
Hobie Team Member

Hi guys! Wanted to introduce myself and give a shout out to Hobie for making the best fishing-yak I've ever had the pleasure to sit on/in. This is my fourth fishing-yak and suffice to say, I'm in love. Picked up a Revo a couple of months ago and have had it out a few times. I'm definitely impressed!

I spend a LOT of time in very shallow waters and was concerned that the drive system might inhibit my shallow water adventures. Those fears turned out to be basically unfounded. Red fish in my area still need to be wary of me because I'm still plying the ultra-shallow waters of our marshes where I LOVE to sight cast to reds.

Anywho, I applied for and was accepted as a Hobie Fishing Team representative for our area so I'll be hanging out here regularly. I can also be found on the Bayou Coast Kayak Fishing Club's website (www.bckfc.org) and the message boards at KayakFishingStuff.

We're a family of five (three teen boys) and we all love our new Revo's! Getting ready to leave for a four day weekend and a good part of the weekend will be spent chasing tails. Below is a pic from my last trip - five reds & seven trout in the pic. Next day was five / eleven.

Anywho, HI & HOWDY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 am 
Hobie Team Member

Welcome and if you can believe it, that love for the Revo just keeps getting stronger as you learn new little paddless tricks.

See you on the water some time.

Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 am 
Hobie Team Member

Grats on the Revo and I'll see you at your tournament over that way shortly.

Don't lead me to temptation, I already know the way.
Syn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:01 am 
Site Rank - Captain

What are your size and number limits over there?.................................ck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 pm 
Hobie Team Member

clayking wrote:
What are your size and number limits over there?.................................ck

The short version:

Specks = 12" minimum w/ a limit of 25.
Reds = 16" minimum w/ a limit of 5. Only one may be over 27".
Flounder = 10 per day. No size limit.
Black Drum same as reds.
White trout & sand trout = no size limit, no daily limit.

Some of the most liberal limits in the nation.

More info here: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/fishing/re ... gulations/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Some of the most liberal limits in the nation.

WOW! Those are some liberal limits. We have tighter limits here in Florida for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am 
Site Rank - Captain

yak-lou

Where perzakly in s cent. Lou? I lived in Shreveport/Bossier City actually for almost 11 years, so am an almost Louisianan..well ok, I know you'd say I was a Yankee...living north of Alex :lol:

Anyway, I am pseudo retired with a PA in NW Arkansas and am thinking of coming south this winter to use it on some of the southern coastal waters. Will it stay warm enough where you live to be comfortable fishing without looking like nanook of the north. It gets pretty cold here in this part of the country...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 pm 
Hobie Team Member

Well, I'm located just about 30 minutes S/E of Baton Rouge and about 45-60 minutes N/W of New Orleans. Eleven years in Shreveport/Bossier? Musta been in the Air Farce, right?

We're not warm like south Florida but we do pretty good most weekends during the cooler months. I've worn shorts on X-mas day before but that's not "normal." Suffice to say, it's a gamble. Sometimes it's cold enough to keep me off of the waters, sometimes it's OK. Cold is a good thing down here for fishing. Cold with notable winds = time to stay home. Great thing about fishing the winters down here is there's no need to try to catch the sunrise bite. Feel free to sleep in and fish the tides instead.

Make sure to touch base before you come down so we can hook you up w/ good spots, accommodations, etc...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

No, not the Air Farce :lol: I went there to work for a Marriott hotel...ended my time there (wifey wasn't happy with me in the house anymore..you dig?) :(
Anyway I enjoyed the culture...we were all over the state, and I mean all over...We worked for a law firm in Lafayette that gave us cases to work all over your neck of the woods.
I will definitely look you up in the event I get to come back down that way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yak-a-Lou, it sounds like you are from Gonzales?

You need to post some more pics from Louisiana. Some how this Cajun ended up in California, and it is great seeing pics from home. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:36 am 
Hobie Team Member

You found me CajunMan. Too close to the Cabela's in Gonzales. I send them my paycheck and they send back what pittance remains.

Here are a few more Loozyanna yak fishing pics for ya...

http://www.bckfc.org/coppermine/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I don't believe you could have found a better cause for your paycheck!

AAAEEEEE.....I'm enjoying the pics. I can almost smell the marsh from here. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yak a Lou...you still fishing down there? Pretty cold up here..NW Arkansas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:36 pm 
Hobie Team Member

Wishin I was fishin!

We have a MAJOR remodeling project underway on "this ole house." We keep hoping Bob Villa will drop in and rescue us!

We had a tourney scheduled for this upcoming weekend but postponed it til the deep freeze passes.

Cajun's don't know how to act when the temps get in the teens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

RLOL...It is 10 maybe right now with a wind chill way below 0...only fishin we'd be doin would be with an auger for the ice :lol: