Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:13 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I’m looking for sailing-camping partners on a 70 mi, 7-day trip from Flamingo (south end of Everglades National Park) to Chokoloskee (north end of ENP). Starting dates are flexible, but the starting day is not. Will start on Monday and end on Sunday. I plan to start the trip on a Monday between Jan 9 and Feb 2. An alternative time frame could be Mar 9 thru Mar 23—those are the starting Mondays. Doing the trip in Jan-Feb will be “coolâ€

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:13 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi, I am very interested in your plans. I am, however, a newbie and I am very interested in picking your brains about the particulars and the needs for such a trip.
I am a south Florida resident with an Adventure and plans to buy a first issue tandem AI.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi Anakritis,

Sorry, I don't look at this forum too much, so I just now noticed your post. We just finished our latest trip. Here is the link:
http://www.hobiecat.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7276&start=90

Scroll down until you see the title "Flamingo to Chokoloskee, Jan 13-18, 2010" That thread, which is going on a couple years old, pretty much details my experiences w/ the AI and camping.

It would be great to have you join us on some trips--frankly, AI camping partners are scarce. I don't mind having only 1-2 persons w/ me or even going solo, but it obviously it is a more social event when another like-minded AI (or kayaker) comes along.

I'll check this tread if you have questions, or drop me a line at kwellma at bellsouth dot net.

Welcome to the forum...

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon