Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Does anyone have a side imaging fish finder on the Compass? Do the left and ride side of the bottom hull interfere with the signal at all?

It appears in videos/pictures that the left/ride side of the bottom hull are slightly lower than the 2019 Outback but I'm not sure since I just have a Compass.

I'm looking into getting a Hummingbird Helix SI finder and using the BerleyPro mount.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm in the process of Installing a Lowrance HDS touch gen2 I was given. I'm installing the structure scan transducer on a RAM arm. This unit requires 2 transducers and I'll put the smaller one in the lowrance pod and the structure scan on an arm. Looking forward to trying it out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:20 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

benqueso wrote:
Does anyone have a side imaging fish finder on the Compass? Do the left and ride side of the bottom hull interfere with the signal at all?

It appears in videos/pictures that the left/ride side of the bottom hull are slightly lower than the 2019 Outback but I'm not sure since I just have a Compass.

I'm looking into getting a Hummingbird Helix SI finder and using the BerleyPro mount.

If you mean to put the transducer in the transducer Lowrance ready hole, it won't work...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I installed the Lowrance Gen 2 7 touch and it works perfectly using the structure scan transducer on a ram arm. The smaller transducer installed into the Hobie Lowrance pocket perfectly. I don't need the structure scan when fishing the flats, so it's nice to be able to remove it when I don't need it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

benqueso wrote:

I also looking forward to this, previously I took to the shop and mounted for them, really looking forward to how to do it myself perfectly :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:26 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have mounted the a triple shot under the compass and it works great.No issues at all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:02 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Max, did you buy a different transducer 'cover' plate (with modified 'bulge')?

Or are you using the Compass factory transducer cover?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The Lowrance Tripleshot units are the easiest to install using Hobie parts. Here's the plate you need:

MOUNT KIT, TRIPLESHOT

BerleyPro has transducer mounts that adapt right over the Lowrance Ready cavities on Hobie kayaks for all other brands.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:47 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hstrech, does that cover (protect) entire transducer, or does transducer stick out the back?
I'm looking at an hds7 carbon, but I've never used side scan before. I do a fair bit of dragging of my hull, though and am worried about anything lower than existing factory transducerducer cover