Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: santa barbara club?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I really don't want to join facebook, but I've been told by several shops that it's the only way to get ahold of the local club here that keep their cats on the beach on the west end of the harbor along the edge of the parking lot ready to launch. WHO do I contact? My 71 hobie still needs a few parts and mods and tlc, but I would really love to get ahold of some people who want some help crewing and experiencing before I make too many permanent decisions. I have spent plenty of time crewing on larger craft but obviously there's a huge difference. I'm also down to swap some work for parts, but what I really want right now is time on the water so I can gather my game plan and rejuvenate my enthusiasm. Getting buried in a project begins to wear, and it would be great to remind myself why I'm doing this. Please let me know if anyone is interested locally. Thanks, willy

Post subject: Re: santa barbara club?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:57 am 
Site Rank - Captain

anybody? i'm in goleta off patterson so I mostly want to launch at goleta beach, but I'm going to need to get some parts first. again, i think I want a 194h, and if anyone has a spare "elbow" whatever you call it on the corner of the tiller crossbeam that would be awesome. if anyone has a used but usable tramp for a fair price I want one too,,, mine seems to work, but has a soft spot I'm a litte concerned. thanks, willy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:53 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Have you looked at the For Sale section on this forum for parts? Also thebeachcats.com and eBay?

More and more, groups are using FB only and not maintaining a website. It's cheaper and gets better results. You know you can join FB, set your privacy settings way up, don't volunteer any information, and still be able to view pages like that. There are also a few Hobie cat pages on FB that are very good, and a possible source for parts.
I know what you mean about FaceCrack though, I'm currently on hiatus from it due to a combination of a lack of self time control, and mean spiritedness of some of the people (there was some serious nastiness on a Little Free Library page, of all the unlikely places you can imagine!) :shock: :lol:

Too many canoes and kayaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:36 am 
Site Rank - Captain

thanks, I'll check that out