Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello,

I bought a used 2007 Hobie after making sure to inspect thoroughly for drivewell cracks, broken internal supports ect and in the clear on that end. I upgraded the drive from V1 to GT and really that wasnt too bad. I figured changing out the rudder lines and adjusting those would be the easy part. Boy, was I wrong. I must have spent 5 hours messing with the things trying to get it to open and come down correctly. Backed the bolt out, made sure lines were on the drum, ect ect. and did not bother to look inside the hull because I could feel bungee tension the entire time I was adjusting the lines. I took some photos and the inside up/down assembly and to me that doesnt look anything like the diagrams I found on the support page and also where the rudder is bolted in doesnt look quite right to me either but I have no frame of reference for that specific part. I've seen some photos and youtube videos with the plastic pin piece but wasnt sure with mine being a little older, may have been a completely different set up.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ehxYXUbuCqthTCdk9

Please let me know how this looks - and how to possibly fix it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Bump - Was able to get everything disconnected and put back together inside the hull based on the internal diagram found here https://media.hobie.com/digital_assets/ ... iagram.pdf I had to use 1/4" shock cord for replacing and it steems a heck of a lot stiffer than what came off.Still messing with the system as I ran out of working light tonight. Overall I've replaced timing chains that seemed to go smoother. Moving that up/down lever back into place was a massive PITA.

Any thoughts on the rear pin?? The rudder lines do seem to bind a bit at that spot but can't seem to locate any replacement options.