Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi All,

I'm very, very interested in buying a new or used Hobie Adventure or Tandem Island. I've watch a ton of YouTube videos and read a lot of this forum. However, I'm not ready to plunk down a big nonrefundable deposit or travel over 12 hours to see a used one without having ever seen the boat in person.

So, is there anyone in the Western half of Pennsylvania, the Eastern half of Ohio, or Northern West Virginia that would be willing to demo their Hobie Island? I'd be willing to reimburse you for the gas to get to whichever lake we choose. I'd like to meet to see the rigging prep, launch, retrieval etc. Would love to get a ride if possible. I'm fully vaccinated if that helps and would wear a mask if preferable.

TIA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:20 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Check with the closest hobie dealer. They may be able to help. Would lobe to help but we are on the opposite end of the state. But we may go to Codorus or Prince Gallatzin in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:34 am 
Site Rank - Captain

quattroguy wrote:
Check with the closest hobie dealer. They may be able to help. Would lobe to help but we are on the opposite end of the state. But we may go to Codorus or Prince Gallatzin in the future.

Prince Gallatzin is about two hour drive for me. I'd definitely make that drive. Please let me know if you decide to go out there. Codorus is about four hours.

Thanks for the tip on the local dealer. In fact, I did that already. They said they know somebody who usually is willing to do this. But I've not heard back from them (yet).