Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

[quote="nap"]Below was edited as I was able to get more info from Torqeedo.

I would really appreciate If you guys can share your thoughts about my concern. I'm planning to buy the Ultralight but with the Torqeedo Travel 503 instead of the 302. I had the understanding that a 503 battery has everything a 302 battery. Only downside with 503 is the weight (3 lbs heavier) and the shape. I think it's still wise to purchase the Ultra light motor with the 503 battery and the 90 watts charger. I heard from Torqeedo rep that they cannot sell the motor with battery upgrade but maybe some dealers would go for it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Memory Maker on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Memory Maker wrote:
nap wrote:
Below was edited as I was able to get more info from Torqeedo.

I would really appreciate If you guys can share your thoughts about my concern. I'm planning to buy the Ultralight but with the Torqeedo Travel 503 instead of the 302. I had the understanding that a 503 battery has everything a 302 battery. Only downside with 503 is the weight (3 lbs heavier) and the shape. I think it's still wise to purchase the Ultra light motor with the 503 battery and the 90 watts charger. I heard from Torqeedo rep that they cannot sell the motor with battery upgrade but maybe some dealers would go for it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

The ultralight comes with the battery for it. While the travel battery will work because it has the same plugs, it is not supported by Torqeedo. It has a bunch more power. Just my opinion ....... I'll check it out

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:29 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

One of the dealer I spoke with might try to work out a deal with me. Torqeedo won't sell me a customized ultralight package which is understandable.
I asked one of the dealer to sell me the latest release Torqeedo ultra light with the travel 1003 battery which she might do for me if there's no incompatibility issue and warranty issue. She's going to check with Torqeedo technical support.
For those looking to buy one, the first batch might become available first week of July for Torqeedo ultralight with 90 watts charger and USB port. These are the obvious changes I heard from Torqeedo.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:39 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

The 1003 battery uses a 90 watt charger and has the usb port. I have one i use with my 403. It has zero compatibility issues and works very well...Lots of run time with it..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Torqeedo battery options:
Ultralight 403: 320Wh, $599, $1.87/Wh, 6.5 lbs
1003/503: 530Wh, $699, $1.32/Wh, 10 lbs
1003/503 NEW: 915Wh, $999, $1.09Wh, 15 lbs

Anybody tried out that last one yet?

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:54 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Torqeedo ultralight should be sold in 3 different packages.
The current package makes the consumer spend more (Good for Torqeedo) as most customers will end up buying another 1003 battery because of the lack of capacity in 320 battery.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:36 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

plfinch wrote:
Torqeedo battery options:
Ultralight 403: 320Wh, $599, $1.87/Wh, 6.5 lbs
1003/503: 530Wh, $699, $1.32/Wh, 10 lbs
1003/503 NEW: 915Wh, $999, $1.09Wh, 15 lbs

Anybody tried out that last one yet?

Peter

I wish that 915 was out last fall. I would have went for that one. That said, between the 403 battery and the 1003 battery i have more than i can use in a day and then some...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am in the process of mounting a Cruise 4.0 on a Lure 13.5 kayak, so thought I would share the experience I have from buying Lithium batteries from China.

First of all I havent tested the batteries yet, so I can only comment on the experience dealing with this particular seller and that the batteries did charge to full in the expected time and holds 29,1v after 1½ week of rest.

I ordered: 2x25,8v80Ah battery packs + 14S 140A BMS and a 14,7v30Ah pack to run my gps, lights and bilge.
The nice thing was that the seller allows one to tailor make the pack you want and in my case I wanted 14 series of 3,7v Samsung cells, as this is what Torqeedo is using in their 106Ah packs.
And they are only 13kg each + waterproof

So this is what I got for 1600 bucks, including shipping to Thailand

And here is the sellers store on Aliexpress. I have no connections to him whatsoever, but he is swift to answer questions (many from my side) and did make the batteries exactly as I requested. Time will tell if they hold up...
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1898584 ... 5.4.HuGPvB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:43 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Sweden,
thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a China supplier whom I can trust and your post shows up.
Please continue to share as I'm surprise about your idea of installing heavier and powerful motor on a small kayak.
I'll check that link you provided.

And do you have a direct contact information of your China seller. A lot easier if I can email them my battrry requirement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:05 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

You are very welcome.

I have bought a lot of stuff on Aliexpress already anything from small fittings to waterproof IP68 buttons, connectors, carbon fiber fabric etc. Many items is including free shipping, so from a long time ebayer I can only recommend Aliexpress as well, offers you a lot of the Chinese stuff at amazing prices.
I can ask him for his private email address, if you prefer? But buying via Aliexpress with Paypal etc. allows you a bit more security maybe? the messaging system works really well and he answers very quickly.

Kam is the name of the guy who had to deal with all my questions :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The Ultralight 403 C is a brand new, longer-going for walks version of Torqeedo’s smallest electric powered outboard with integrated lithium battery. The Ultralight 403 C boasts a 915 Wh battery – 2.85 instances the battery capacity as compared to the usual Ultralight 403 with 320 Wh battery, while adding simply 1.7 kg to the overall weight.

The Ultralight is designed for kayaks, canoes and very mild boats and is verified successful in the field with lots of motors in use around the world. With a total weight of much less than eleven kg, inclusive of the high-ability lithium battery, the Ultralight 403 C is the maximum green electric powered outboard for kayaks and canoes on the market – with a pinnacle pace of 9.Eight km/h and a maximum range of more than one hundred km at gradual pace.

The Ultralight 403 C comes popular with GPS and a virtual show that suggests actual-time electricity intake, battery charge fame and closing variety (time or distance). A handy USB socket fees a smartphone or powers a mild or different electronics. The foldable sun panel (accent) makes the Ultralight 403 C smooth to rate in remote locations or maybe even as underway. The elective TorqTrac app shows all motor statistics on a cellphone or similar tool, and allows you to devise your ride in advance and percentage your role on a map with anticipated time of arrival.

“Paddlers love the Ultralight 403 and the quantity of water it lets in you to cover, whether you’re fishing or exploring far flung areas where large boats can’t cross. The Ultralight offers elevated protection and permits lovers of all skill degrees or physical abilties to tour collectively and have extra a laugh at the water”, said Christoph Ballin, CEO of Torqeedo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:04 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jasonfoy123: old thread, but I can only agree that Torqeedo Ultralight works wonders on a kayak or similar.

I recently sold my old Ronnest 14' kayak incl Torqeedo Ultralight from 2012 (320Wh battery)
Buyer enjoyed his first 5 hour kayak fishing trip Saturday and returned with 40% battery and was/is extremely pleased.

Quite amazing Torqeedo batteries offer same/similar capacity when 7 years old. This for the 320Wh battery, so the 915Wh battery will widen the old distance by nearly 3.
Not needed, unless you wish to go 150km on a roundtrip in your kayak..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7