Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: livewell problems
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

my livewell start for 2 seconds and shuts off. is it the pump, the switch or the battery? i have only used it for about 10 times last year.

Post subject: Re: livewell problems
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

It sounds like it is an electrical issue. My guess: the switch. Try playing with it a little, especially if it has been sitting for a few months. Wiggle the wires that connect the pump to the switch while turning the switch on and off until it starts working again. You can also try cleaning the inside of the switch with some WD40 or dialectric grease. The last solution is to get a new switch from your dealer. Also check inside the pump to see if there is anything that is obstructing the impellar from turning and causing the pump to jam. I once had a large piece of kelp in there that caused the pump to jam. Let us know if any of these suggestions help...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks. I checked the wires, seals, switch and motor everthing looks fine. I think the problem is the switch. It is very hard to pull out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sounds like the switch. You wont be able to tell by physically looking at it. My pump would stay on but I had to play with the switch.

I took mine apart and it was corroded inside. I had to split the coating and breakdown the switch. Took it all apart and cleaned it up with sand paper and a Dremel with a wire wheel. I put it back together greased it and resealed it with goop. It runs like a champ again. Of course if you don't want to do all of this you can replace the switch.