Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:25 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I need a Florida license contractor to build a Kayak rack on my Condo Property. I need contracter to estimate, apply for town permit in Highland beach, I get board approval you build the rack and get paid. I know this could be a DIY project but it is very complicated to get the residense to agree to this project. I need the rack to be strong and hold kayaks, SUPs, and surf boards. Conditions can get very windy, right off ocean. I need to get the plans going very fast next board meeting is in 10 days. Please call me Alan Winston 941/539-0007
Building location is in Highland Beach near Del ray.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Way more easy to just get a trailer and park it there with the kayak on it or if an enclosed trailer, nobody needs to know whats inside.
Most condo's and rental properties have an area out back for trailers and small camper storage. They may charge a fee but that's way easier than spending a year and ten grand to make a kayak rack.
If you have a garage, just roll the kayak in the front of the garage.
We have friends that do that. Another friend just stores their kayak next to their pool (but those are individual condo's each with a private pool and hot tub in a screnned in lania.
Just tryin to help,,, you can't fight city hall or condo associations, everything is rigged legalwise in their favor.
It's best to just skirt the existing rules, call it a utility trailer.
Stay away from calling it a boat or boat trailer, they all have strict rules about that stuff (basically they don't want powerboats stored on their properties). Our subdivision is that way as are most condo's, but most allow trailers and most offer a storage area.
FE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I hust need to find a contractor to build it. I have taken care of the rest.