Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2015 vs 2016 rev 16
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello all!

I finally got my Hobie a few weeks ago (from a different dealer than I was initially looking at). I ended up talking my new dealer into letting me buy the demo they had of the revo 16' (2015 model) at a great discount. Very lightly used (I guess not a lot of people wanted to try that big of a boat?). For the same price as it would have taken to freight in a new 2016 model (they were sold out) I got a lightly used 2015, side kick and amas, sail, sailing rudder, furling kit, PFD, cart, specialty kayak attachment for my roof rack, daggerboard and Turbo Fins. Took it out for its maiden voyage (with me anyway) and it handled excellently. Very comfortable ride. Once I hit wind and chop I got a little wet from the water splashing, but otherwise I never felt concerned about "tipping".

Cheers! For all my PNW friends on here, I highly recommend Next Adventure Scappoose Bay Paddling Center. They are super customer friendly and supportive, and have put up with me, my questions, my indecisiveness (for two and a half years!), and my need to try every kayak they had! 10 out of 10!