Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need anchor suggestions
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The fishing from my new Outback has been excellent. But I am getting tired of being blown around. I have many anchors and think the small mushroom anchor works best. I mostly lake fish and dont think a river anchor is the way to go. So anyone have any suggestions for a simple deployment system for the Outback? Dropping it over the side is no fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Either the hobie anchor trolley or Captain Dick's trolley both work really well to position you just the way you need for fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

On the anchor systems, do you know how much they sell for? Where is the Captains system available?

Thanks.

Post subject: Anchor Trolley System
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I installed an anchor trolley system on both sides of my revo. The trolley runs from the stern to a point beyond the area of the paddle cord. What I used was a bungee cord at either end for shock absorption, s/s padeyes, s/s clips, s/s rings, harken pulleys, and a bruce claw anchor as well as the wave tamer drift chute.

When you use the bruce style anchor tie on the line at the bend of the anchor and then secure the rest of the line all the way to the end of the anchor using 3 or 4 of the lightest zip locks possible. Using this setup you can easily extract an anchor if it becomes stuck by simply pulling up and breaking the zip locks until the line tied on at the bend of the anchor pulls it free.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I purchased an ATTWOOD ANCHOR REIN ( $75 Bass Pro Shops ).Placed it inside the Hobie Bag attached to the back of my seat ( Revo ).
Installed a cleat on the gunwhale just behind my seat ( Port ).
I simply release some anchor line( before I leave shore),and attach it to the cleat.
When I want to anchor,I release the line from the cleat,drop the anchor down,re-attach the line to the cleat,and fish.
When it's time to move again, I release the line from the cleat and slowly let the anchor rein retract the slack line for me.
No lines laying around the area,just the anchor and a small length of line beside me.
The cleat takes all the anchor weight off the AAR so you don't have to fasten it to the hull.
Pricey but neat.Good luck.