Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: June SHIPMENT
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Has the June shipment of Eclipses left the factory? Are they arriving at the dealers yet? Any increase in 'production' in the future?

Post subject: Re: June SHIPMENT
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Good luck with an answer on that. I have 2 weeks left here on my vacation in Destin. If it doesn't arrive here by then I'm waiting till next year to try and get one. Hopefully due to the high price and the "NEW" has worn off they will be stocked up by then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Heard today Hobie is shipping out to Destin on the June 18th. So looks like I'm out of luck. Someone else gets a chance to buy the one I reserved ......Looks like I'm getting a REFUND! Oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:20 am 
Site Rank - Captain

So, Moejay, what part of "reserved" did Destin not understand? Bummer, and maybe an issue for Hobie to know about for their reputation with their reps...

Hobie 16 with Tequila Sunrise sails (in the past)
Hobie Revo 11 for peddle, paddle, fishing and sailing
Hobie Eclipse 10.5 Solar Yellow
SurfTech 12' Touring SUP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:56 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

No its all on me. I was just trying to beat thier delivery system and lost. I purchased a TI and a Sport through a dealer in Kemah Texas in the past. I called and claimed one of the thier first ones but when I went the next day to pay for it they sold it to someone else. So I put my name on another Houston dealer but they were to arrived after I had left for my Destin vacation. I just decided to try and take a chance on the Destin dealer since I was going to be here for three weeks.
When I heard Hobie was slowing down thier deliveries I kind of figured I was out of luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Bummer! Timimg is everything!

Good luck!

Hobie 16 with Tequila Sunrise sails (in the past)
Hobie Revo 11 for peddle, paddle, fishing and sailing
Hobie Eclipse 10.5 Solar Yellow
SurfTech 12' Touring SUP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey, 'moejay' hope it gets here in time for you to enjoy it. IF NOT, I'm in Ft. Walton Beach.... and I'll take it! What size/color did you reserve? Did you go through "Liquid Surf & Sail"? If so, tell them ROGER W. will take it..... I'm on their LIST! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I had it reserved at Yellowfin. It was a 12' yellow Eclipse. I'm not sure about thier waiting list but they have 3 stores and was told they were getting 2 of each size/color.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:03 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks, Mojay; I called Yellowfin, and if yours does NOT arrive in time..... I told them I would take it. They said they would get back to me. Hopefully, we both can get one..... before the summer is OVER!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

EUREKA, miracles do exist (sometimes at the expense of others.... sorry, 'moejay'). Saturday, I drove out to 'Yellow Fin' (40 miles), to check if they had any information on the shipment. They said, 'hopefully' in the next few days! Returned home and had a 'voice mail'..... truck arrived.... just after I left. Went back yesterday and picked up 'moejay's' 12' Yellow Eclipse. They are really well 'packaged'. Unpacked today, and hopefully will get WET, this afternoon! 'Moejay', thanks again.... I thought it would be Christmas, or next spring, before I could get my hands on one..... this Forum.... rocks! 'Moejay' hope a Hobie Mirage Eclipse..... is in your immediate future.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

RogWild wrote:
EUREKA, miracles do exist (sometimes at the expense of others.... sorry, 'moejay'). Saturday, I drove out to 'Yellow Fin' (40 miles), to check if they had any information on the shipment. They said, 'hopefully' in the next few days! Returned home and had a 'voice mail'..... truck arrived.... just after I left. Went back yesterday and picked up 'moejay's' 12' Yellow Eclipse. They are really well 'packaged'. Unpacked today, and hopefully will get WET, this afternoon! 'Moejay', thanks again.... I thought it would be Christmas, or next spring, before I could get my hands on one..... this Forum.... rocks! 'Moejay' hope a Hobie Mirage Eclipse..... is in your immediate future.

Congratulations! Enjoy!! :)