Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eclipse Is SO Awesome
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So I'm not wanting to make everyone sad that they haven't got their board yet, but I took delivery on a 12' blue one a week ago. And I can't say enough good about it. I'm a 50 something who's a bit out of shape and this is my exercise program. So I can speak to the board's stability! I have used it every day and it's worth getting up early to go pedal around the lake. Think elliptical on the water (so some demand on core strength too?) It's so easy to launch and use that I have no excuse not to get in shape. And it's FUN. :)

And my 20 something kids got their mitts on it this weekend. And they would speak to how freakin much fun this thing is! Image
This picture shows them starting out in the cove, but they spent hours testing how much they could get away with on this thing. They rode on the front. They both pedaled at the same time. They went on the main part of the lake and tested it with wake. They loved it! And say they want me to get a few more. (Yeah. Good luck with THAT. We'll be very happy with the one we have until Hobie is able to catch up with the demand.)

I am delighted to have this to play with when there's not enough wind to enjoy my Adventure Island. :)

Hobie really got it right. Again.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Actually....Thanks for your post. I want to hear what everyone has to say about the Eclipse. Even if I don't have one yet.
Love the pic.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have 2 12 footers. My sister has on 10.5

This weekend everyone is coming up to play with them

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Gees, Hobie knows how to kick goals! What an innovative iteration of the Miragedrive! I cannot imagine ANY beach hire place across the world not building up a fleet of these things.

And here I was, thinking that my TI with haka, bow skirts, chart plotter, new reacher etc met all my wishes, and along comes this awesome jigger. Congratulations Hobie!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So I have been using it every morning. My lake is my new gym. Love sharing my gym with others like this little guy!

I love my adventure island, but even as easy and quick as it is to rig, I just don't have enough time to get out there at 6AM before work. Plus it's a wet ride. The eclipse is launched in seconds, I won't get wet and I look forward to it every morning. This was my view yesterday. Never would have plunked my butt down on a kayak, but LOVED being out in the damp mist on my eclipse! Thanks Hobie. You're gonna make me live longer! :)