Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steering lines crossed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:03 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was excited to get it in the water for the first time this spring/summer with my Mirage Eclipse 12.0. I love it. One question though: I correctly attached the steering cables (black to black; gray to gray), but when I squeeze the left directional mechanism the board steers to the right, and when I squeeze the right directional the board steers to the left. It is only if I switch the cables (black to gray, and gray to black) that engaging the right directional mechanism will I go to the right, and engaging the left will go to the left. That is not a good solution as the crossing of the cables is not ideal. Is there a way to correct this situation? Thanks so much!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:57 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

It sounds like the wires on the handlebar were not installed correctly at the factory. Yes, you're correct the grey connects to grey and the black connects to black. When you pull the right caliper in the grey stopper ball, on the left side, should go up. When you pull on the left caliper the black stopper ball, on the right side, should go up. If your handlebar assembly is not functioning as seen in the picture below, please visit a Hobie dealer to have your wires restrung.