Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:26 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am working on two 2022 Hobie Compasses (Keel protector, drill less anchor trolley, Square hatch, Burley Pro, h crates, MarineMat, side handles). I am down to the side handles. So far I have come up with this...

1. Use two PA 12 Bow handles mounted on the side wall over the existing molded handles.
1a. """ Mounted to floor

2. Use two older Hobie Side handles mounted on the side wall over the existing molded handles.
2a. """ Mounted to floor

2. Use two 9" H Rail kits mounted on the side wall over the existing molded handles.
2a. """ Mounted to floor

3. Mount single handle (something that would stay flush with kayak) horizontal behind seat on the raised portion.

The issue I am having is the seat bar won't allow a couple of plano tackleboxes to be shoved under the seat when sitting on it. The new seat allows room on the side of the seat to slide the tackle boxes but if I mount the handles I won't have any room to pull the tackle boxes from under the seat. I am leaning towards the single handle behind the seat but without another handle it might be fairly difficult to put the kayak over my head to put it on top of the vehicle. Has anyone done any of these mods or do you have any other ideas how to pull this off? I want to order the marinemat but mounting the handles to the floor will require a correction in the design of the mat. Any help would be much appreciated.