Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Water inside Compass
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Not personal experience because mine hasn’t been on the water yet, but I noticed in many of the videos regarding the Compass there seems to be a lot of water inside them. Is this normal?

Post subject: Re: Water inside Compass
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Some water is typical and expected. May be from rain or splash through deck fittings. Could be condensation. Warm/humid boat placed in cool water.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:54 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mine is leaking and it’s brand new not from condensation or water coming over the hull it’s leaking from below the water line after a check it’s leaking at the right aft fish finder screw insert and the right click and go screw insert. 1 1/2 gallons in 3 hrs. So if I stayed on the water all day it would have been a lot worst. Hopefully your doesn’t leak. I was debating getting a compass, passport 12 or a lynx. Couldn’t find a lynx and my brother bought the passport 12 so I went with the compass. We took them on their test runs the same day in a small protected pond to do all of the checks. He had zero issues with the passport which is 1000 dollars less expensive than a compass.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:54 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My 2022 Compass always takes on water, My 2919 never did. Upgraded for 5he improved seat, hatch cover and the storied 180 Drive. One of the drive pedals loosened and that arm/pedal was replaced under warranty. Now my entire drive blew up, the “ Spine” came apart during a 9 mile ocean trip. Drive has been fresh water rinsed and inspected after every trip. Dealer said they have sent back many 180’s with spine issues. VERY disappointing. Hobies since 2005, never had a drive issue ever before

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:41 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

No water intrusion evident in my 2022 Compass. The kayak has been trailered on a Yakima trailer, utilizing BigCatch cradles. I have not used the scupper cart with it yet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:04 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2017 compass. Two slits leaking lots of water showed up aft of each of the holes used for transport. Transport wheels have never been used on my kayak. My dealer says the slits need to be welded. I asked about a temporary fix and he said to use G/flex epoxy adhesive to seal the leak. I followed the instructions and this seems to work but I'm not sure about what to do next. Is the welding repair covered by Hobie?