Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2022 Compass Seat
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My 2021 Compass developed a hull leak. Hobie warranty covered it. Thank you, Hobie. Unfortunately, for me, replacement hull was a 2022 which required the new 2022 seat. I do not like the new seat at all. When compared to the 2021 seat the 2022 seat:
Has 3" less thigh support. Very uncomfortable for me.
Has been moved so far forward in the hull I have to adjust the pedals all the way forward to #7. I'm 5'11".
Has been moved so far forward in the hull the 8" round hatch cover barely clears the seat frame when opened.
Has been moved so far forward in the hull there is no longer any work space on the hull deck between hatch and seat.
Has been moved so far forward in the hull you can no longer mount a rectangular hatch vertically.
Overall cockpit space in front of seat is less.
Is constructed of lesser quality materials.
The Hobie storage pouch accessory no longer fits. There is a built in seat pouch but no where near as nice and weatherproof.

Obviously, this is just my take on the new seat. I'm curious what others have to say.

Post subject: Re: 2022 Compass Seat
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I never had the older seat but this seat is a lot more comfortable than what came with the passport. I already have a Lynx so I was happy to find out the 22 came with the same ones. Can't say about long term durability but how do you know it's not as good?

That said, I would not leave it outside. I keep all my Hobie seats, drives, paddles, straps, etc in a spare bedroom.

Post subject: Re: 2022 Compass Seat
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

If anybody is interested, I modified a 2021 seat to fit a 2022 hull. A lot more room and more comfortable IMO.