Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Last summer I purchased a left over 2021 Compass. I had been using a paddle only Old Town Topwater before that, and had been very jealous of my fiancee zipping around in her Passport! I didn't have much time to go on long trips last year, and all seemed well with the new boat (other than the poorly designed and placed handles, but that was easy to fix).

I've gone out on a couple longer trips this year, and the seat is horrendously uncomfortable for me after ~3 hours on the water. I get bad pain in my lower back, mid back, and butt, along with numb spots. I'm a pretty average sized man at 5'11" and 185lbs. Has anyone had a similar experience and found anything to make the seat tolerable? I really want to like this kayak. I love the way it handles, and it seems like a solid platform for fishing, but the seat is just unusably painful.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 3:13 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I think hobie sells a cushion, or you can experiment with others

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:31 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yes! I have the exact issue. Bought a seat cushion and it helps me stay out for 5 or more hours. The seat on the 2023 is a lot more comfortable IMO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:54 am 
Site Rank - Captain

i put a seat cushion on the thing. i held it on with creative ziptying. but the big improvement was when i ziptied a lumbar support on the thing. i did it to my Outback seat as well.

the lumbar thing was $25 for two on Amazon. it is netting so it breaths reallywell.