Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:47 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have been sailing this lake for well, this is my second season on it. I have been surprised when there were any other sail boats on the lake. Today my friend and I took our (2) 16's out and besides us there was a sunfish, a Hobie Getaway I think with a whole family on it, and ~ a 16' monohull on the lake. There were thunderstorms predicted in the afternoon so we snuck out earlier. We spent 2-3 hours ripping up the lake. There were plenty of powerboats too but we all were able to co-exist :D There were some really juicy gusts and my gps told me I hit a max of 18.0 mph today. I was really happy as it was only my friends 2nd time on his Hobie 16 that I convinced him to buy :twisted: He also has a sunfish which he and his wife sailed before. I saw him lift a hull briefly today so that was cool. I had one run I had my tramp vertical for a good run before deciding it was time to stop pushing my luck. The lake got really rough from all the wind and all the powerboats and I didn't want to bury a hull and pitch-pole at speed.

The only downside besides getting drenched at the boat ramp when the rain hit us (And the lightning started) Was I had a flat tire on the front of my truck. My truck is a 3/4 ton and the 4-way I had didn't have the cookies to loosen the lug nuts even with a pipe extension. I had my friend drop me at home and went back with the right wrench and everything worked out. :D

Just call me lobster-legs! My legs got cooked today in the sun but it's all in good fun.

I hope the rest of you are getting some good sailing in too

84 14T Redline #67 Blue Hawaii faded but still working!
82 Yellow hull16 '81 Boomer nationals 20.9 on GPS
83 White hull 16 No sails "Clean and Purty Now!"
87 White hull no sails no tramp