Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I recently discovered a large crack in my hull where the seat is supported in the back. Unfortunately I’m not sure if this kayak is still under warranty but have submitted all of my information to the Hobie dealer where the kayak was purchased. Can someone tell me how long does Hobie usually take in replying? This kayak gets used approximately 15 times a year + or - and is always stored inside, upside down so I don’t know why this happened.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:02 pm 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

Hello, most warranty claims are processed or replied to within 1 business day. Hull warranty claims may take a bit longer to process because we typically have follow-up questions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for your reply, I’m hoping for a positive response. I love my outback and really enjoy fishing out of it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Bwboone wrote:
I recently discovered a large crack in my hull where the seat is supported in the back. Unfortunately I’m not sure if this kayak is still under warranty but have submitted all of my information to the Hobie dealer where the kayak was purchased. Can someone tell me how long does Hobie usually take in replying? This kayak gets used approximately 15 times a year + or - and is always stored inside, upside down so I don’t know why this happened.

Did you ever get an answer from Hobie on your claim? I have the same issue and submitted a warranty claim even though I am out of warranty. from what I have read on the internet this seems to be a major issue with the early 2019 outbacks. I'm hoping for good news because these kayaks aren't cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:41 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hobie will not cover if it is past the 3-yr warranty. Cracks under the seat just showed up on my 2019 Outback. Hobie knows about this failure mode, they know it is a design flaw with the 2019 model and yet they will do nothing.

This needs to be a class-action law suit.