Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We purchased a 2021 Outback that sits level on level ground, does not rock side to side, and the deck seems level.

A few months later, from the same local dealer, we purchased a 2022 Outback. When placed on level ground, it did not rock side to side, but the deck/seat was clearly tilted to the right about 2 degrees. I took it on the water and could also feel the tilt. The dealer was nice enough to exchange it, but that process took a few months, and by the time we got the replacement it was a 2023 Outback.

This new 2023 Outback, when placed on level ground, will not sit level. It rocks side to side, as if the center portion of the hull protrudes further. The deck does seem fairly level if the boat is balanced on that middle section, which seems better than the boat we exchanged it for. But it is able to rock further to the right than to the left, and to the right is where it wants to lean without any external forces... so on its storage shelf (which is padded with a bunch of foam and carpet), it leans pretty visibly to the right (compared with our other 2021 model which sits perfectly level). Should I be concerned about this at all?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Bump. I've also tried emailing Hobie this Q multiple times and... crickets every time. That's somewhat frustrating.