Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Under seat storage
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:29 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am looking at options for some type of under seat storage. I am away from my Lynx for awhile and I forgot to take the measurements before I left.

I want the tray/storage to go under the seat with the ability to pull it forward. So I need the measurements of the width of the seat and, if possible, taking into account the bend in the frame. Also the depth of the under seat area, from front to back.

As always, help and comments are always appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Under seat storage
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:56 pm 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

Width (from inside of to seat frame to inside of the seat frame): 5-1/2inches

Height (Smallest part of the frame): 5-3/8inches

Height (back part of the seat): 5-1/2inches

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi there.
I just became part of the lynx family. I just bought a lynx last week and manage to transfer all my slayer propel 10 seat storages. The rear, under and side. Yes, I decided to go the hobie route for its lightness and sailing capabilities. I have been using my native slayer propel 10 for the last 5 years. My maiden voyage is tomorrow. Here's some pics of my hobie/native seat storage combo.

Hmm...not sure how to add pics from my Google photos. Will have to come back here again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

How have you liked it vs the Slayer 10? Think of the same thing.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

ps5baseball wrote:
How have you liked it vs the Slayer 10? Think of the same thing.....

The lynx is by far a superior boat interms or versatility and weight. My slayer 10 was a fishing beast. I loved it. Until my friend told me about the lynx and how light it was and what it could do. The slayer 10 has since been the lightest boat on the market, but the lynx is much lighter. I bought both the slayer and lynx sight unseen. Purely from youtube videos and reviews. The slayer while it was just fishing boat, that was all it could do. Fish. At the fishing resort that I always go to, fishing was the only option I had. Now, enter the lynx, it's a paddle board, a sail boat, regular kayak and a fishing kayak. You get 4 in 1 for a hefty price that is if you want to do the other stuff which I always wanted to You just had to buy the proper accesories for each configuration and voila! And adding a TPP to it, that take its to a whole new level of trolling. So, if you're someone that likes to do all these sports and not have multiple boats toys for each, then the lynx is for you. If you're just fishing, It's one expensive amazing fishing boat. I find it better than my slayer as a fishing boat as it's lighter to haul around and I have a TPP on it ready to go anytime in conjuction with the mirage drive. The slayer on the otherhand, if I had the trolling motor, I couldn't use the drive. I also had a sidemount motor on the slayer as well so I could use my drive. Very cumbersome, terrible tracking and so much so, I seldom use that combo. It sat on my shelf for a long time. So peddaling around was mostly the way to go. Having the TPP on the lynx takes it to a whole new level. No regrets selling my beloved slayer 10. It served me well for 6 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

if you are okay with a loose tray the Dewalt Tough Systems Deep Tool tray fits pretty well under the Lynx seat

https://youtube.com/shorts/lqkaaMd3wlk?feature=share

I also switched over from a Native Watercraft Slayer Max 12, which ended up being too heavy when needing to walk farther than a boat ramp, the Hobie Lynx is much better when you have to hike from the parking lot.