Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:19 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi team lynx!

Has anyone tried using either the yakima SUPDawg or Thule SUP taxi xt to sue cure your Lynx to a roof rack ?

Looks like a real simple way of transporting the Lynx. Might even get two stacked ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Even more simple. I use a pair of Thule Surf Pads

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:14 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I tried the Yakima Supdawg. Didn’t work out for me…hull down was too wide for both crossbars and hull up I could only get one bar strapped down securely. The other bar being to narrow would either have the Lynx roll back up the roller or have the end cap holding the strap in pop out when wiggling it around. The end cap was press fit plastic so maybe epoxying it in or anchoring it to bar would solve this but for the price paid I do not want to modify it.

This was on a sedan with a fairly narrow crossbar spread though. I could see it working well if the spread was closer to 30”. Rollers were nice for sideloading and it gripped/cushioned well. I don’t think the strap length is long enough to hold 2 of them, though.

Here are some pics of where it was separating. Didn’t take too much effort to remove the end cap and strap once it came apart.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm using a Yakima Bigcatch and it holds the lynx pretty well.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I plan to transport my two Lynx using J-Hooks. Any suggestions for attaching bow and stern lines?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I use Yakima sweetrolls with a show boat 66 works great.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

1.7$ pipe insulation foam from Home Depot and some industrial cable management Velcro roll to keep that pipe insulation material in place.

Looks ugly but it served me well.
Having velcro supplies right on my car has saved me many times when Mc-Givering something in the middle of nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Voodoochild59 wrote:
I tried the Yakima Supdawg. Didn’t work out for me…hull down was too wide for both crossbars and hull up I could only get one bar strapped down securely. The other bar being to narrow would either have the Lynx roll back up the roller or have the end cap holding the strap in pop out when wiggling it around. The end cap was press fit plastic so maybe epoxying it in or anchoring it to bar would solve this but for the price paid I do not want to modify it.

This was on a sedan with a fairly narrow crossbar spread though. I could see it working well if the spread was closer to 30”. Rollers were nice for sideloading and it gripped/cushioned well. I don’t think the strap length is long enough to hold 2 of them, though.

Here are some pics of where it was separating. Didn’t take too much effort to remove the end cap and strap once it came apart.

I'm thinking that might not be an issue if the bars were wider on a wider roof. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Voodoochild59 wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I just bought a Lynx today to take delivery next Friday as I don't have a roof rack or trailer suitable for transporting it. How wide were the rack crossbars? Thanks in advance for your help.