Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keelguard Peeling
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I took ages preparing the Lynx for the Megaware keelguard, I even brought it into the house to make sure the temperature was correct rather than doing it in the garage.

It looked really good and it looked like it had stuck very well. I have used it a couple of times since I applied it last week and noticed that some edges are coming away slightly. So it will get worse if I don't do anything quickly and it isn't exactly cheap.

Does anyone know what adhesive would work well or has experience sticking the edges down?

Post subject: Re: Keelguard Peeling
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Pirots wrote:
I took ages preparing the Lynx for the Megaware keelguard, I even brought it into the house to make sure the temperature was correct rather than doing it in the garage.

It looked really good and it looked like it had stuck very well. I have used it a couple of times since I applied it last week and noticed that some edges are coming away slightly. So it will get worse if I don't do anything quickly and it isn't exactly cheap.

Does anyone know what adhesive would work well or has experience sticking the edges down?

Marine shoe goop from home depot will do the trick. I trimmed and suited innner tube mtb tires as my keel guard and shoe goop it. It's been holding up and if it peels just reseal it. Cheap and easy. Give it a try.