Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Haha, just kidding. But seriously, the Getaway is one sweet boat. I bought an 08 at the start of this summer and the only problem with it is that I have to put it away for the winter. I really like the ease of set up and how easy it is to sail. It takes me by myself 20 min tops from the time I drive onto the beach to in the water sailing. Alot of people on here complain about how hard it is to move the boat because of the weight and raising the mast, but it's really not that bad by yourself. Once you get a system down, it goes fast, plus, if you get a regular crew to help, it takes 10 min When I figure out the picture posting thing, Ill post some.
Hooah!

470, 08 Getaway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:18 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yes, there has been much discussion about raising the mast, I just set the boat up on the beach so the bow is a little lower than the stern and hoist away, I am 58 and have never had a problem setting the boat up by myself.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Roy wrote:
Yes, there has been much discussion about raising the mast, I just set the boat up on the beach so the bow is a little lower than the stern and hoist away, I am 58 and have never had a problem setting the boat up by myself.

Ditto that.
But in all seriousness, I have noticed a separation of the plastic skin from whatever lies under it on my 2001 hull, only one area in one hull, about 6 inches in diameter in front of the main crossbar. I'm pondering whether to try to inject some resin to reconnect the two or leave well enough alone. It feels solid to step on and the plastic shows no signs of fatigue or cracking.
Thoughts?