Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm on the cusp of buying a wave this weekend. I watched the wave rigging from trailer video on youtube. I'm wondering if anyone leaves the rudder on or the shrouds attached or anything like that to save time rigging from sail to sail? Or is it standard to break it down completely like they start from in the video? Any tips for fast rigging?
Dom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:49 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I keep the Wave in my garage. The mast is stored overhead on carpeted mast holders made out of plywood and mounted to the overhead garage door(s) opener supports. During the summer I leave the side stays and forestay attached to the mast (overhead) and the side stays attached to the boat.

I coil the loose cable 'stay' ends and keep them in place on the tramp with a bungee. The bridle remains attached to the bows and I bungee the forestay adjuster end to the tramp's center lacing. If I'm just going to the lake, the rudders also stay mounted. To leave I pull the boat part way out of the garage and then lower the mast onto the mast crutch (bow) and Hobie mast holder on the rear cross bar, then just roll the entire rig out of the garage and secure everything. I also have a sail box, so the sail, sheets, etc. all remain in the box.

On vacation trips, I remove the side and fore stays from the mast, coil everything together and bungee it all onto the tramp (still attached to the side stay adjusters. The bridle remains bungee'd to the center lacing. The rudders go in the sail box.

When I owned a Hobie 16 I used the same storage arrangement in a 2 car garage except the longer mast was stored overhead diagonally.

hope this helps,

bill