Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have owned a Bravo for the past year and love it but I recently purchased a Wave. I was wondering if anyone has placed a Bravo on top of a Wave for trailering purposes. My trailer, a LoadRite cat trailer, has enough carrying capacity but I am wondering about possible damage to the Wave from the Bravo sitting atop it. The travel distance would be around 60 miles round trip. This forum is great for a novice "Hobien" to gain knowledge. Any advice would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Shouldn't be a problem. I have trailered two sunfish atop my wave for approx 120 miles one way.
We bought pool noodles from the dollar store (like 10 of them but didn't use them all) then sat the sunfish on top them.
The sunfish length worked well. Not sure exactly how the length of bravo with match up but should be fine.
Coupe of things....
1 don't strap down too tight attach forward and aft to prevent forward and backward movement and one across the top. The one across the top you have to be real careful with. If possible do NOT use a ratchet strap.
2 be careful of your mast ball on the wave.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:27 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I would not worry about the weight of the bravo sitting on the wave. It can hold 4 people and the Bravo is not that heavy. I placed carpeted 2x4 boards across the Wave and set a mono-hull on top the 2x4. I was more worried about scratching the wave than anything else. 400 miles and no issues....