Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:04 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Wow, these are great.

Mistro - Do you know which trailer you have? I found one used 2003 yacht club for $575 WC112-1... I have to look into the rules, no title, it's never been registered...
Norm 472 - That set up is amazing. I take it you custom built those parts. Have you launched from a boat ramp with the trailer? Do you know if you allowed to manually launch a boat (with the cat tracks) on a boat ramp?

Luckily, everything is shut down and I have more time to figure out the trailer thing!
Thanks everyone. Hope to get out on the water soon.

-Audrey

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I don't recall the model of trailer I had but I googled the model number you send and it looks very similar. Should work just fine. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:58 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Most boat ramps around here allow hand launching. Lots of kayakers do that too.

I custom built the mast stand at the front (with the winch) to exactly match the height of the trailer gate. The trailer gate acts as a rear mast stand. As someone said, the mast comes apart for longer road trips I do that. But for short trips to the ramp, this setup allows the rigging to be almost all done before I get there. Also, by swinging a tarp over the mast, it makes an instant cover. I had to elevate the runners because the side rails on the trailer were slightly too narrow to fit the boat flush down on the deck. The added benefit is the clearance underneath.

The way the cat trax's tires fit snugly against the trailer's front bulkhead with the axle snug against the bow was a fluke.