Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which Rod Holders
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

What rod holder R U using & Y , I'm going 2 rig @ least 1 RAM brand rod holder for my fishing on2 my yak and for sure 1 onto my wife's yak the reasoning behing the RAM choice is I've already rigged 1 item on with one of there mounts so I'm gonna continue with there products but I wanna know what others R doing for fishing rod holders while drift fishing or anchored up.[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Fastfish,

I have purchased a few different RAM rod holders and have settled on the Ram Tube type holder. Why? I often troll off the revolution and found the "RAM revolution" or "RAM rod" holders were great products and worked fine but when I turned my rods outboard to troll the boots of the rods were always in the way of my legs to pedal. I now only use the Tube type. I have the RAM revolution ratcheting tube rod holders and they work ideally. I use the rod leashes clipped to the holder or a padeye. The new RAM tube 2008 looks like a fine product (was not available when I got my tubes and I have already been through 2 pairs of other styles at over 30.00 a piece so not buying any others for now.) I am very happy with the ratcheting tube style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

This is what I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Bullet_Bob, now that's a slick idea. I really like that!

With the weed concentration in our lake lately, I have found that I was trolling around with the rod on my lap, and the line just hanging over the side so that I could keep an eye on the tip, and also just trolling the bait about 10-15 feet back from the kayak. I can tell much easier when it gets fouled with weeds and I don't have to reel it in far to clean it off. I find that with the sail kit in, I can't really use the front rod holders. This would work perfect.