Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:00 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I currently own my second Hobie Mirage Tandem Island. I recently also acquired a 25-ft camping trailer and built a 20-ft Pontoon boat. With the one pickup truck, I can pull either the camping trailer or the pontoon boat except for a nearby lake only three miles away, where I can first deliver the camper and then go back for the pontoon. The alternative is to travel with two vehicles, pulling the camper with the pickup and the Hobie TI behind a Subaru. Enter two Hobie Mirage i11s. In their suitcase, they can go aboard the camping trailer or the pontoon boat. We test drove the i11s last weekend at the amazingly fun Islands in the Rockies event at beautiful Lake Granby. The i11s is a very fast boat and the maneuverability is nothing like I have ever seen before. With the rudder hard over, this boat turns in its own length. The vantage seat was comfortable. I would have liked to have tried on the seats higher feet but was told it makes the boat a bit more tipsy. We can also bring both the i11s on board the pontoon. We could anchor, launch the i11s and tool around the anchorage.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:39 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

johnmcneely wrote:
I currently own my second Hobie Mirage Tandem Island. I recently also acquired a 25-ft camping trailer and built a 20-ft Pontoon boat. With the one pickup truck, I can pull either the camping trailer or the pontoon boat except for a nearby lake only three miles away, where I can first deliver the camper and then go back for the pontoon. The alternative is to travel with two vehicles, pulling the camper with the pickup and the Hobie TI behind a Subaru. Enter two Hobie Mirage i11s. In their suitcase, they can go aboard the camping trailer or the pontoon boat. We test drove the i11s last weekend at the amazingly fun Islands in the Rockies event at beautiful Lake Granby. The i11s is a very fast boat and the maneuverability is nothing like I have ever seen before. With the rudder hard over, this boat turns in its own length. The vantage seat was comfortable. I would have liked to have tried on the seats higher feet but was told it makes the boat a bit more tipsy. We can also bring both the i11s on board the pontoon. We could anchor, launch the i11s and tool around the anchorage.

I agree! i11s are a blast in all sorts of water conditions and they make a great fishing platform.... :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The seat is awesome in the high position, and I feel it actually puts the pedals in a more comfortable position. To mention on the stability factor - not much of a noticeable difference in the high position. The flat bottom and the side chambers give the i11 a very stable feel.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:40 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I swapped the seat to high position after some helpful info from rogerdodger, and I wouldn't go back to low position unless I head out into a typhoon. High position completely alleviated back strain, and the commanding height makes fishing/fighting fish incredibly enjoyable.