Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:27 am 
Site Rank - Captain

The new Raymarine Axiom with the RealVision 3D transducer looks amazing! I haven't seen the transducer in person yet, but it appears to be similar to the Lawrence TotalScan unit (image is from someone on another site). Hope someone can make this work for the Hobie Outback system.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:20 am 
Site Rank - Captain

FYI (if anyone else is interested), I spoke with Martyn at Berley Pro and they are waiting for a RealVision transducer to arrive so they can start designing to fit the Hobie.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

When I was looking at this as an option, I was lead to believe the diameter of the plug would be a huge issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Butane wrote:
When I was looking at this as an option, I was lead to believe the diameter of the plug would be a huge issue.

I put Ray Marine's National Sales Manager in touch with Martyn at Berley Pro to speed the process up. When I met with Curt from Ray Marine he brought a Real Vision transducer. Martyn will make a mount for it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:33 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Haven't tried the Axiom on my Hobie, but I have the AXIOM 12 on my Boston Whaler, with RealVision transducer... AMAZING.

I believe the smaller model (7") comes with downvision option instead of realvision, and with a smaller transducer. Worth investigating.

Recent update to the lighthouse OS on the MFD, can download straight from Raymarine site or here http://citimarinestore.com/citiguide/raymarine-axiom-software-update-download-other-tech-news/.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:49 am 
Site Rank - Captain

ChesapeakeJeff wrote:
Haven't tried the Axiom on my Hobie, but I have the AXIOM 12 on my Boston Whaler, with RealVision transducer... AMAZING.

I believe the smaller model (7") comes with downvision option instead of realvision, and with a smaller transducer. Worth investigating.

Recent update to the lighthouse OS on the MFD, can download straight from Raymarine site or here http://citimarinestore.com/citiguide/raymarine-axiom-software-update-download-other-tech-news/.

There are several transducer options available with each screen size (all the same options) and the 7" also has a RV option. I've already met with their national sales manager since he lives close to me and Demo'd the 7" unit. It's pretty slick. If I go with RayMarine it will be the 7" RV.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

BerlyPro just posted that they finished the Hobie RV mount with a pic on FB. I'm mobile so I can't post the pic. FYI