Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I wanted one (bass boat) before. my wife even said okay. But my current truck; a Tacoma seemed inadequate for the task anyways.

So I bought my Hobie compass. It has elevated my bass fishing game beyond my wildest hopes. I can fish small lakes and ponds as well,as the big bodies of water.

Is it the perfect kayak? Probably not. No, it’s not. Not sure that unicorn exists anyways. It’s has its nagging annoying issues but whatever. The benefits far outweigh the complaints. This weekend I caught my first Clearlake bass. Then I caught 7 of its friends. As winter approaches, I’ll taper off the fishing to focus on bow hunting.

Come spring time- then summer! I cannot wait. I want a BIG bass.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I agree. My Revolution is awesome. It’s my second Hobie so all my rigging mistakes where figured out on my first one.

Some day when I get too old to kayak fish I’ll get a simple john boat. For now I’m still in good health so I’ll keep on pedaling.

I bought a full size cargo van and slide my yak right in and out. I never even lift it anymore.
~JOE~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Get a 2021 Pro Angler 360 drive and you WILL have the perfect fishing kayak! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Good for you! I sold my 23 year old bass boat and spent all the money on a PA 14 360, love the "new boat" upgrade as well!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

well, i didnt hunt once this winter season.

i just kept fishing. i did okay, with a total skunk the month of Jan. but i am on the board with a FEb fish.

i would love a PA12 360.. but some of the spots i fish, i have to (legally) lift my boat over a fence. no way i can keep the place secret if i have to bring a few friends to help me hork the boat over a fence. :) i need the lightweight kayak. weight is relative. there are some places my Compass feels like a pig..like a place i have to go down stairs to reach the water.