Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:33 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 Oasis and plan to use it for fishing, on my own, sitting in the back seat.
I am thinking of mounting my fish finder transducer in the front drive cassette hole, by 3d printing a new cassette with a suitable cut out for the transducer.
My question is, would it be better to just make the transducer flush with the bottom of the cassette or would it be better to form a curve in the bottom of the cassette so that the transducer ends up flush with the bottom of the kayak but clear of the cassette by a few millimetres? My concerns are, flush could effect the transducer if it shoots sideways through the cassette (do they shoot sideways at all?), curved could result in turbulent water around the transducer?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just wondering if you’ve ever moved this project forward and what have you decided and how did it end up? TIA Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:30 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Not sure what transducer you or the original poster have but this post has details on my install inside an Oasis hull. Probably won't work for sidescan but has worked perfectly for my setup for 6 years now. I used the Garmin foam transducer mount but there are lots of posts from folks making their own or using various types of adhesives.
https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=59131

Peter