Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Race Seminares
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I see where they are advertising Shaun Ferry comming to put on a clinic.Also last year Gavin Colby did one.The question I have is can some of us (who do not have opportunity to attend these seminares)have access to some of the material being presented.I am thinking back to an article in the nacha news(sept/oct 2003) where Paul Hess expressed an interest in sharing racing info to bring every ones level up a notch.Any thoughts given to maybe video taping some of the sessions and/or taking notes.I am pretty sure there would be quite a few people interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:23 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I'd also recommend going to the Hobie Class Association website and looking into holding a GEP seminar in your area. Here's the link: http://www.nahca.org/gep/gep.htm

It's basically a one day seminar (Friday) before a big event in your area where you will most likely have the greatest # of sailors attending. It starts with a talk in the morning and drills in the afternoon. The guest is usually a top ranked sailor such as the Alter brothers, Wally Myers, Kirk Newkirk, the Korz's, etc. Well worth it for your fleet/division to consider.