Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Salty waters........
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:24 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Are there any 21 sailors out there interested in sailing @Juana Goodtime Regatta Sept. 9th,10th a 11th and the 50/50 Round the Island the following weekend @ Fort Walton Yacht Club ? :)

Post subject: Re: Salty waters........
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:13 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

You'll have no trouble finding crew at Juana's regatta and i'd bet the 50/50 one too. Lots of guys from our sail club here near Memphis are going to both. I'll be down on my Hobie 20 Wed - Sunday. I'd love to check out your 21' ! There will be many a ice cold beer within arms reach of the boats on the beach 8)

Memphis, TN fleet 134
Hobie 20! G-Cat5.0 and 2 Hobie 14's
Photobucket now wants $100 to post pics on forums......... pass.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:59 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My girlfriend and I had a great time sailing in the first event. We sailed down from Valparaiso, FL the day before Juana's some 26 plus miles and back to Fort Walton Yacht Club the Tuesday after Juana's.That day was all head winds... tacking all day long in a narrow channel and high winds. :? So we didn't trailer the Hobie 21SE at all. Thanks to Joe, Rick and Dorothy for helping with the logistic of getting my SUV to both events which put us on the water as often as possible. They drove my SUV back and forth between events...and Joe loaded me his boat to enjoy :D

......sailing buddies are as good as gold. :D

I crewed in the 50/50 with my buddy Damon and really enjoy all the days threw at us...light wind, high wind...light rain and a downpour that sat on our heads for a couple of hours.... :shock: it was all really good! Thanks to everyone involved in putting these events together and all how sailed too!

I will press my 21 buddies to participate in 2017 events. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:39 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Bill,

Great to finally meet you. Juana's was good fun as advertised! Thanks for all the work on the boat. One of my requirements in passing off Mark's boat to JR is that he enters it next year. So, if you drag your boat down, we will have at least 3 x Hobie 21 SE's entered at Juana's and maybe even the 50/50...Old School, baby!! Let's try to all spinnaker rig our boats and hope for big wind, where...Heavy boats rule!

PS: Fired up...Just placed orders through Gill, Murry's, and Hobie (Key Sailing in Pensacola). Ordered all the parts we circled in the catalog.

Great sailing with you, my friend!

Joe